Motorcycle Accident Questions
How often do motorcycle accidents occur?
According to the Centers for Disease Control, between 2001 and 2008, more than 34,000 motorcyclists were killed and an estimated 1,222,000 persons were treated in a U.S. emergency department for a non-fatal motorcycle-related injury
What are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents?
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Negligence or carelessness of another driver
- Driver violating another’s right-of-way
- Sudden stops by a driver
- Distracted driving (texting, cell phone use)
- Unsafe road conditions (debris, potholes, loose gravel)
- Defective motorcycle parts or design
What do I need to be able to legally ride a motorcycle without a helmet in Florida?
You need to be at least 21 years of age and have at least $10,000 worth of medical coverage insurance to be able to operate or ride a motorcycle without a helmet.
Do I need to buy Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance for my motorcycle?
You can’t. There is no PIP insurance for motorcycles.